In SPSS or the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences software, the statistical analysis for regression can be easily achieved. This regression analysis can describe and analyze multiple variables. The SPSS help software aids researchers to achieve their statistical analysis in the given time.
The only problem to people who are using this program is they do not know how to operate the system, from the regression button to the writing of the regression equation. This article will guide you step by step on how to go to regression button up to the writing of the regression equation. But before starting, here are some tips for SPSS help.
SPSS Help Tips
- Data set must be opened
- Right click the operational button in the dialog boxes to know more regarding different functions
- You may use HELP button during analysis to seek information
- You may click RESET button to refresh the analysis
- You may click the CANCEL button to exit
Now, bearing in mind all those simple information, you may start doing the regression analysis up to the writing of the equation using the spss homework help.
SPSS Help Guide to Regression Analysis
- You click Analyze, Data and Regression.
- When you click Regression, you may choose from the following:
- Linear Regression
- Curve Estimation
- Binary Logistic Regression
- Multinomial Logistic Regression
- Ordinal Regression
- Probit Analysis
For this purpose, linear regression will be used to obtain an equation.
- In the dialog box that will appear, choose variable/s you want to predict in the left hand pane. Add details for the statistical analysis you want to run.
- An output will then be generated after. The coefficient part of the generated output shows the values that are required for the regression equation. The equation must be in the form of:
Predicted variable (dependent variable)= slope x independent variable( x-intercept) +y- intercept
In mathematical view, the slope describes how steep the line is. If the slope is zero, it should be a horizontal line. If it is positive number, the line is a straight diagonal inclined to the right. In addition, it is vertical line if the slope is undefined.