How to analyse data with SPSS is not easy most especially if using the advanced approach. If you want to analyze information such as descriptive and frequencies, this step will help you to get started. It will provide you the exact steps on what you need to do.
Steps on How to Use the SPSS in Data Analysis
- Open the SPSS program
- Go to analyze section, scroll down and select frequencies or descriptive
- Click the variables of interest, then move them in the box for analysis with the use of the arrow shown
- For descriptive, check the statistics tab in the dialog box
- Select mean, maximum, minimum and standard deviation boxed
- Click on the charts and think whether you want to run a bar chart, pie chart or histogram chart with normal curve.
Questions for Data Analysis
When conducting analysis, you need to consider questions in reviewing for the results.
- Are the data you used labeled perfectly or did you miss data to be put. If the data is not labeled correctly, you can go back to data editor and specify the missing data.
- Do the value labels perfectly match the codes?
- Are all your data presented in the table is correct?
How to Use SPSS 19 for Data Analysis
The process in using the SPSS 19 is the same with the basic SPSS. You also need to open the program and click on the section you want whether you want to analyze or add variables. Keep in mind that SPSS 19 is a comprehensive system for analyzing SPSS data and generating tabulated charts, reports and plots. It is more convenient for experienced individuals and more accessible for beginners. The dialog box and simple menus make it possible to have a complex analysis without typing any single line of syntax and command. When it comes to the data editor, it is efficient and simple to enter data.